FAQ/Contact Us


What do I need to get into treatment?
You can call the Center for Drug and Alcohol Treatment (CADT) and schedule and initial assessment. The purpose of the assessment is to determine what level of services you need based on individual factors, and to develop an initial treatment plan. The number is (218) 723-8444.

Will my insurance cover the cost of treatment?
Most health plans will cover most or all of the cost of treatment depending on what the health plans call “medical necessity.” We are a network provider for most of the major health plans in Minnesota.

How long is treatment?
We do not operate fixed length-of-stay programs. We believe people should get the help they need no more or no less.

What is your treatment philosophy?
We believe that treatment works best when our clients choose their treatment goals. This is called client-directed therapy. There are many pathways to recovery from alcohol and drug dependency, as well as different levels of severity, length of problem and capacity to change. We value honesty and open-mindedness. We also believe in the willingness and the importance of using a variety of proven techniques to help each client achieve their treatment goals.

Are you a Twelve-Step program?
The Twelve-Step philosophy of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous has helped millions of people achieve lasting recovery from addiction. These groups are entirely independent and not affiliated with ANY treatment center or program. All of our clients are introduced to AA and NA during treatment and may work the steps as part of their treatment. They usually become active in AA or NA following treatment. However, we do not require our clients to adopt a particular philosophy. We help our clients find a recovery support network that works for them.

Can people come to visit me?
Yes. There is time set aside in which you can have visitors if you wish. Your time at Marty Mann House is for you to concentrate on yourself and becoming well. Your wishes about having visitors or not having visitors are respected.

How can my family, friends or people I know contact me?
You will be given a phone number when you arrive that you can share with your friends and family and people who need to contact you. There are four phones in the house available for your use.

What should I bring with me?
Towels, pillows and bedding are provided. You should bring:

  • Photo ID, medical insurance cards, bus pass, Social Security card, library card
  • Non-opened (new) over the counter medications like: Ibuprofen, anti-diarrhea/gas/stomach, Benadryl, etc.
  • Personal hygiene products that do not contain alcohol, like shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, etc.
  • Nail clippers, razors, tweezers
  • Personal loaded music player/iPod
  • Headphones
  • Charger for all electronics
  • Familiar pillow and/or blanket
  • Slippers
  • Feminine products

Please limit your personal belongings to two bags.

Is there anything I cannot bring?
As mentioned above, you may not bring opened over the counter medication or personal hygiene products that contain alcohol. You also should not bring:

  • Clothes or fabrics that cannot handle high dryer heat
  • Anything of great value or significant sentimental value
  • Items of clothing with sexually explicit, drug or alcohol logos; i.e. t-shirts, etc.