Life at Marty Mann House
“I would recommend Marty Mann House to any woman. It has been an incredible and life changing experience.”
The day at Marty Mann House usually begins at 7:30 am.
A typical day can include the following activities:
- 7:30am–large group meditation
- 8-9am–chores and getting ready for the day
- 9am-noon–therapeutic group
- 1-3pm–education and information groups such as: living skills, spirituality, nutrition, information and education from outside support and community agencies, health group, education lectures.
Special activities during the week include time for:
- Individual sessions with chaplain on Monday afternoon.
- Care and concerns group on Tuesday morning
- One-on-one meetings on Tuesday
- Health realization meeting Wednesday
- Principals group on Wednesday evening
- Art therapy Friday morning
- Family group on Friday afternoon
- Three nights a week residents attend outside AA meetings or NA meetings
- Evenings are also spent doing activities outside of Marty Mann House or visiting with family
- Friday night guest dinner where residents can invite a guest (this needs to be requested earlier in the week)
- Saturday family day and visiting
- Saturday evening open speaker meeting in the community
- Sunday morning in-house AA meeting for people from the community
- Sunday night Marty Mann House community group.